Saturday, November 26, 2011

my husband, the blogger.

[us bottling his first batch of beer, back in week 6 of pregnancy]

So I have to give a little shout-out to my husband, a new blogger in our blog world. He has started his own blog, and I am o-so proud of him. He's so cute he even chose a name similar to mine... Homegrown Suds. You see, he brews his own beer in our home- thus the homegrown suds. We take pictures together of the beers he reviews. Some are just fantastic beers he likes and some are his own creations. Then I edit the photos in a montage of sorts and he writes his posts. He is poetic, thoughtful, and a lover all of things beer. 

Most of the beers he brews and drinks are ones I find a tad bit repulsive- I am just not an IPA/ hop fan. However, I love his enthusiasm. Once I start up the drinking of alcohol again, I am sure he will make some wheat/hef/fruit beers for me to enjoy, but for now it's his time. Which I love.

Someone asked me at work the other day if I was one of those prego wives who wouldn't let their husbands drink, because I can't. I thought it was a little silly. Sure, I don't want him drinking my favorite wine...but hoppy beer- why not?! I guess we don't have the kind of relationship where I tell him what he can and can't do, but he also isn't one to rub something in face...like a nice glass of pinot on a rainy day. Now that would be hurtful and downright mean. So drink on my blogger husband :) For drinking time *may* be a bit infringed upon come spudtime.

[latest review: Hop Notch from Salt Lake City...cute label, right?! Different mason jar pictured than the baking soda or drano test jars, FYI.]

1 comment:

  1. Oh how cool! I hope he enjoys blogging! It has been such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...