tickle those tiny henry toes cora.
Wow...three months old Henry! I have been looking forward to this month...knowing the newborn stage would be gone and done with and we would be able to start seeing your personality. And it's true.
You're a keeper.
What you have been up to this past month:
- You are trying very hard to roll over. You can roll from your stomach to back sometimes... but now back to stomach is tricky. You are capable of a snaking movement that moves you all around in your crib/ground/any surface. That is why you have had two patches of red broken skin on your jowls. So much moving for those chubby cheeks.
- You just found your hands, now grabbing/swatting at things
- You like to talk/coo at just about everything. Its sweet. I swear you are close to breaking out into laughter. Soon I hope.
- You smile at faces.... I'd like to think particularly at mine-however it's not really true. Your big crooked smile is adorable and warms my heart.
- You love watching your sister play. She likes to tickle noses with you, hold your hand in the back of the car and lovingly touch your head. I think she is used to you in her life now... actually we all are.
- You are capable of sleeping one 7 hr stretch at night- sometimes it happens, more often its about a 5-6 hr stretch...then up every 3 hours for the rest of the night. One great night, then two bad ones. You are growing like crazy so its no wonder your sleep is erratic.
- However you have adapted nicely to our bedtime routine we have with Cora. You take a nightly bath with Cora...splash your little chubby froggie legs, then we put on PJs, swaddle as tight as we can, give you a bottle and put you to bed around 7:30pm. You go down nicely...I'll give you that. Then wake up around 1 am...etc. At each nightly waking you eat, we change your diaper, and you go down smoothly. So thank you. We love routines.
- You outgrew the colic!! I hadn't even realized it with our whirlwind lives, but you are actually a cool little dude. You no longer cry your little head off just for the hell of it. I wouldn't say you're a content babe- but not colicky. Yay!!