Now is the time for us to start thinking about attending birthing classes. Our options in our area include:
- Happiest Baby on the Block
- New babies are such a blessing, but they can also bring with them sleepless nights, crying, and sometimes quite a bit of extra stress. In our Happiest Baby class, new parents will learn step-by-step how to help their baby sleep better and how to soothe even the fussiest baby in minutes. Magic? A miracle? No, it's a reflex! Our class is based on the new approach to babies pioneered by Dr. Harvey Karp in his best selling book and DVD, Happiest Baby on the Block.
- Music Birth (super exciting but only offered once April 17th -3 days away from my due date)
- Appropriate music enhances pain management, relaxation, imagery, movement, breathing and bonding. Personalize your birth with playlists and an original lullaby for your baby. Learn how music blocks pain, improves heart rate and blood pressure, increases the production of bonding hormones and makes remembering comfort measures easier. This class is designed to help you experience less pain, a shorter labor and improved outcomes by combining proven techniques with music. Natural and medicated births can utilize the MUSIC BIRTH method.
- HypnoBirthing is a complete childbirth education program that teaches you how to work with your body during labor and birthing for a calmer, easier, more comfortable birth experience. Breathing, Imagery, Massage and Relaxation techniques to help eliminate the Fear- Tension-Pain Syndrome. What to expect/what to do during the birthing process. Prenatal bonding techiques for you and your partner. How to partner with your care providers and discuss your options in birth so you feel empowered by the experience. Nutrition, stretching and preparation for a healthy birth . How to work with your body, your partner and your environment in order to achieve a calm, peaceful birth.
- For first-time parents or those who have not previously attended childbirth classes. This is a condensed course designed to provide information on prenatal care, labor, and delivery. Learn skills necessary to make the best choices for your birthing experience.
- CPR for infants and children
- The class teaches the basics of CPR and airway management for infants and young children. A course completion card from the American Heart Association is available after the class. Because class size is limited, please call if you are unable to attend.
- Breast Feeding
- This single class offers breastfeeding information and support to assist expectant parents. Topics include physical and emotional preparation, getting started, common problems and solutions, family adjustments, nutrition, and group questions and answers.
- Natural Childbirth
- By using a combination of techniques, this class assists couples in experiencing childbirth without the need for pain medication. Topics include creating an ideal setting in the hospital environment, activities and positions that allow free and comfortable movement through labor, comfort measures such as massage and acupressure techniques, and relaxation methods such as visualization and guided imagery.
- Child Birth Preparation
- These classes prepare mother and her support companion to become more physically, mentally, and emotionally ready for labor, birth, and postpartum. A variety of coaching, breathing, and relaxation techniques are demonstrated and practiced during class. Instruction covers the process of birth, pain management of labor, decision making, and the transition to parenthood.
- carseat checks
- hospital tour