Friday, October 7, 2011

let the nightmares begin...



Has anyone had unbelievably real-feeling nightmares about being a parent?! a new mom?! the responsibilities?! Oh my gosh the nightmares. They range anywhere from being an unfit mother...to getting totally hammered drunk and forgetting I was pregnant...to being pregnant one second and the next having a baby that I don't recall giving birth to- the whole labor just gone...to forgetting that I have a baby...to having disabled and deformed children. And I'm sure it doesn't help that I've actually seen extremely neglected and dead babies at work...so that makes it even more of a reality. Perhaps I need a massage! Or maybe a body pillow for restful sleep?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have been having dreams too. I'm 24 weeks now but earlier along I had dreams like that- chugging a beer then remembering I was pregnant, or giving birth then switching kids, and a lot about breastfeeding. The dreams have calmed down a lot lately though. Maybe it's just our minds getting used to the idea of being pregnant??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. You've had some doozies! I had a dream that I had the baby and couldn't remember giving birth -- I think that one was kind of wishful thinking. J/K!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! Hopefully those pass completely very quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...