I always loved the weddings that chose to have gray and yellow...now I think I get that chance with our baby nursery! I have yellow/pumpkin walls, with light yellow trim, dark bamboo curtains (which I could change if I was really inspired), and wood flooring. We will want to know the sex of the spud, but I just love color....especially the neutrals. I think we will probably steer clear of the pinks and blues, we don't naturally gravitate towards those colors anyways.
[my office that will turn spud room in about 7 months]We already have a crib (remember here, when I really pre-planned the baby thing and bought a $15 crib?!)...it happens to be dark wood, which I could keep that way or paint white. And we have a changing table/dresser from matt's parents that is dark stained wood, that we can pick up at christmas time.
So what we still need in spud's room:
- simple, super soft, gender neutral sheets that coordinate with gray and yellow
- gray soft jersey sheet DIY crib bumpers
- rocking chair
- large floor rug
- baby gate to keep the dogs out of the room
- custom/DIY changing pad that will fit the dresser/changing table
- DIY mobile for over the crib
- nice, clean storage containers/boxes under the crib for clothing/bedding/diapers
- cute white picture frame assortment for over the crib