Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My tuesday morning...


Well its been forever since I have actually had a day off during the week....to relax. Its been incredible. Clinicals are over...even though I enjoyed pretending to be a real nurse with my own real patients it is nice to have my time back- 2 twelve hour shifts a week mind you, on top of my 3 twelve hour shifts in a hospital that I work a week already. So this Tuesday morning I was able to make waffles, and they were so amazing I wanted to share the recipe with you. It's not really my recipe...its from allrecipes.com that I tweaked a tiny bit. And as you'll see by this incredibly long post I was actually able to reflect on a lot this Tuesday morning. Amazing what a little free time will do.

Side note.... Dad...if you're reading this, I love the dishware you gave us for our wedding gift (see picture above). This is a Japanese set of stoneware that my dad bought as his first "really nice set of dishes" as a 30 year old...way back in the day. I remember growing up using the plates to make my favorite homemade nachos...then I just didn't see them again, until our wedding. We love these dishes, they make me want to take a picture every time I use them...they just make me smile. To think of you meeting mom, using these dishes for your first homemade dinner together makes me happy. Thanks Dad.

Super Tasty Waffles (aka "waffles I" on allrecipes.com):

2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lots and lots of strawberries- from costco, super tasty...super affordable.

1.Preheat waffle iron. Beat the heck out of the egg whites in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy- super fluffy, almost peaking. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth. Then fold in egg yolks.

2.Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Enjoy!!

Matt and I went to a wedding on Saturday- Alex and Amber's wedding...and it was lovely. We had a blast...and at the end of it I was able to take home some of her beautiful flowers. So now we have fresh flowers in every room after I split up the huge bouquet into my jars and dispersed them...


...the beautiful flowers in the bedroom, on our nightstand...


...And talking about our bedroom... I don't think I ever took a picture of this. It's the dried flower/curly twig arrangement that Matt's Mom and Aunt made for above our heads in our wedding in the corral (seen here & here). I love seeing it everyday. When we put it up over the window above our bed, a few days after our wedding week was over, I just started crying. I had a flood of emotions, just the same as walking down the aisle beside myself in tears of happiness. So now we love it in our room...

2 comments:

  1. How pretty are those flowers and I love the arrangment over the window too! I am glad you got a day off to reflect and enjoy what looks like so very yummy waffles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...