Thursday, April 7, 2011

UTAH!!


So we took a little mini- vacation to Utah... Park City to be exact during part of our spring break last week. It was soo beautiful...and still cold there as well. We stopped at Wasatch Brew Pub, IKEA, and Noodles &Company (quite possibly my favorite restaurant). We had the dogs watched, stayed in a hotel it was a real treat and very much needed this spring break.

...the real reason is we went there to pick up this for matt...
[a motorcycle from his uncle, that happened to be residing in park city...thanks uncle bud! bud also happened to be the one who married us here]
...this is excited matt, it took me about 3 years to agree to let him get his bike (I hate motorcycles, something about working in the ER and seeing death after death on those things, but do you see how happy he is?!)...

...this is what matt wanted to ride home in for 6 long hours, while I trailed behind in my car...CRAZY?! I think so, good thing we brought the truck...
...but we also got this for me...
[a wonderful and modern IKEA lamp... for only $29!]

...and this for our yard, which I will explain just what it is for very soon...
[a butcher block/kitchen countertop from IKEA...on sale of course]

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty counter-top and lamp. I completely agree with you about the motorcycle. My husband loves motorbikes. After his 2nd wreck he had to get a truck because he couldn't swing his legs over the bike to get back on. We were dating back then and it took eight years before I felt comfortable with him getting another bike. I finally realized that I couldn't deny his dreams and I had to actually trust that God would take care of him. It was hard, but your hubby does look pretty happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez, 2nd wreck?! Thats scary. I guess thats what marriage is about...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...