Saturday, April 16, 2011

counting the days...


It's weird to be counting days until a potential period. For all of my life, every month I couldn't wait to have my period. It was a monthly confirmation that I could continue on living my life the way that I wanted to, on my schedule.  But now, I am just hypersensitive to any "symptom" I may be having. It's just rather silly. A nurse at work was telling me about this ovulation kit that worked wonders for her. In all of the incredible baby blogs I have been reading and just soaking up all of their wealth of information I hadn't heard any mention of using the ovulation kit, so I didn't think too much of it. It can be hard to make a baby, especially if you have a totally weird, unpredictable cycle. So I didn't want to go overboard with planning...like the temperature and mucus (nasty just typing it!) checks. It was too much...but this ovulation kit, I like that idea. Then you know a range of when to have sex based on your LH levels. The rabbit thing is fun, but this could cut out some of the guess work. I have to do some research, and think about it for next month if this one is a single-red-line month. Anyone had any experience with these kits?!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had some advice, however I think we are very similar in our planning ways and I personally like the idea of being able to know a little more about what is going on!

    The rabbit method does sound fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I'm so excited for you! I will be following your journey. ;)-Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabbits! I just laughed out loud...nick looked at me and asked "what about rabbits?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used one briefly but found that it made me feel more crazy. What we did was to (TMI maybe) have sex every other day. Regardless.

    Good luck and I will be following along. We seem similar with all of the house projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took us 8 years to get pregnant and we never tried an ovulation kit, but we did the taking temp every morning if it is high then you are ovulating. And we did the counting too. I completely understand the tracking symptoms. I used to stock up pregnancy tests and if I had a stomach ache I would take one. It only brought heart ache and disappointment for us. I hope that it brings better for you guys. Following your journey reminds me of mine. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...