Wednesday, October 31, 2012

sack-o-spuds

 
 
Happy Halloween!
 
This was Cora's first halloween, so... of course she had to be a homegrown sack-o-spuds. You might have seen it on pinterest (I pinned it back when I was pregnant). It was a must do for our little idaho spud.

 
Pretty simple costume...
  • Make a few spuds- This is how you make a panty-hose spud...with eyes! So fun.

  • The body is just natural canvas that I had lying around from our wedding tablecloths.

  • Draw some brown lettering on the sack with brown sharpie (hers said- homegrown spud pacotti farms idaho est. 2012)
  • Then a brown outfit underneath
  • An adult brown headband, sewed down to size with a spud sewn to it.

Ta-da! Homegrown Spud!
She is no sack of potatoes though, I assure you. She is more like a wiggle worm- but that costume would have taken me a bit longer to make.


 
 
We thought her outfit was hilarious.... she tolerated it surprisingly well too! I guess bring on the headbands with big flowers. Little spud is down. I also had a blast making it... no wonder so many moms make halloween costumes. Totally fun first halloween!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! You need to post more pictures of her she is too darn adorable to keep her all to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...