Friday, February 17, 2012

[week 31]

[My big belly is winning now... yay!!]

So I completely missed the 29 and 30 week picture... not too shocking considering our lives right now. But today I am 31 weeks... 31!! Unbelievable. I know, I can't always say each week is unbelievable but it truly feels that way. I keep looking at my huge profile when I walk by mirrors... holy cow (literally) this is me pregnant. I had been wondering what I would look like pregnant... would I show or just look huge? would my belly be high or low? would I enjoy pregnancy or be miserable with overwhelming symptoms? would our first be a boy or girl? So now I know some answers to a handful of questions... about 500,000 remaining.

[from babycenter.... cute little scrunched-up spud doing tons of summersaults]

At 31 weeks in-utero spud is potentially...
  • 3.3 lbs!!... spud grows a 1/2 a pound a week now
  • 16 inches long
  • she is packing on the fat now, just like me!
  • spud's brain is getting wrinkly with smart little meninges... tons of brain development
  • spud is making her own blood cells in her bone marrow now...I feel like she's already growing up and moving on... my bone marrow is old news

2 comments:

  1. It's going so fast! So soon Cora will be here :)

    Are you sure you don't want to take a little pre baby trip to Canada! My belly could use a little encouragement lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...