oh, sweet baby...you're two months old
You sure have grown since last month, not only physically but emotionally. We have thoroughly enjoyed this month. Sure we have a funny sleep pattern with you- but you're wonderful and a much happier baby.
What you have been up to this second month:
- you now smile beautifully all the time and have your own baby noises trying to laugh at us- it's adorable.
- you are 11 lbs 3 ounces (which is 3 lbs 9 ounces since birth).... we think you are huge, but people still think you're small.
- you are working on putting your fist in your mouth instead of a pacifier- we are all for it
- you just found your toes, but you know not what to do with them nor how to reach them
- we swaddle you every night, and even though you hate it you are slowly giving in.
- you do however fight the urge to sleep... all of the time. We have to force it upon you otherwise we deal with hours of grumpies.
- you are so intently taking in your environment... you can see further now and watch everything in your world. we call you our little bullfrog, because your eyes bulge out of your head when you are really focusing hard... you are learning so much
- you sleep in 3-4 hour stretches at night, now we just need that to be in your crib.
- we found a fun toy to use with your stuffy nose...the nose frieda. it's gross. your dad loves it.
- you had your 2 month shots, and we have never heard you wail so loudly. your dad and I welled up with tears.... but ultimately we were so happy that it was the first time we heard such a sad cry... we must be doing something right.