Tuesday, March 1, 2011

3 year anniversary...

...the adorable card matt made for me, in a 3D camera shape...
[photo taken by my canon rebel]

We like to celebrate the first day we met... its kind of a big deal :) So that happens to be February 20th, 3 years ago. We will still celebrate our wedding day, but this date means even more to us. On our very first date it was a blind date at a sushi restaurant in Boulder, CO. We stayed all night until we noticed them putting up the chairs all around us. It was a fantastic first date, nothing ordinary. So each year we go out to sushi to celebrate our Feb 20th and to top it off matt gave me a very much wanted (but not needed) 50mm f1.8 lens for my new camera, even though I don't quite know how to use it yet I am very excited! Thus the camera-shaped card. And I gave him a very much needed 90 min. massage at a local day spa- this will be his first professional massage ever, so we will see if this was a good or bad gift.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I came across your blog "a homegrown wedding" while looking for a cotton wedding dress. I just bought my wedding dress on Monday and am wishing I came across your site sooner. I am wondering if you mother-in-law had a pattern for your wedding dress? And I am wondering what material was used to make it? Your dress is absolutely gorgeous and although I did buy my dress I am now wondering if I can sell it or get someone to make a dress like yours for the gift opening the day after. If you could email me at chelseadee82@hotmail.com I would so greatly appreciate it! If I don't hear back from you I may just be back here to ask you again. Thanks so much in advance! Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsea-
    Thank you so much for your comment! And I know...isn't the dress gorgeous?! I loved it. When my mother-in-law offered to make it, I actually didn't picture it would come out so great...the pattern was close to what I wanted, but it looked a little old fashioned, and she had to alter it (add length, pleats). I think we chose some fantastic feeling fabric...the swiss doss from Switzerland 100% cotton, and two other white layers underneath so that it wouldn't be see-through. I am emailing my mother-in-law to get the specific names of the fabrics, if she knows them. We walked around a fabric store for about an hour just touching fabrics, and decided on the one. The pattern is Mc Call's M5843.... We bought it around August 2009 at Jo-Ann's, so I imagine it will still be around, or ebay it. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...