Sunday, December 23, 2012

christmas cards!


Umm yeah. We got the christmas cards done this year!! I'm so proud of us. Instead of waiting on the snow (which gets less and less each year... weird. what could cause that to happen?!)...we took a family photo in front of a wintry tree, sans the snow. It was far from grand, but nonetheless completed. And, sure our little sweets looks like a frigid little boy bird. But whatever, her name is Cora... blatantly on the card for our distant relatives to see, seeing how I sucked at sending out birth announcements. Designing cards/gifts/paper items- one of my top favorite things to do, but alas sometimes something has to give in a busy life I suppose. Next kid I'll do better, and maybe next year I'll even throw a bow in her hair! Or maybe we'll do something real crazy and wrangle our dogs in the photo too. Oh, next year.

So these cards I made on adobe photoshop- our picture, a few turquoise words... then uploaded to Costco as a blank greeting card...simple. 50 cards, 50 envelopes...done in 1 day. Can't beat that. Want to see two years ago?! Same thing, but I used Costco's template. This year I thought I could pull off doing our own thing. I just love sending out cards christmas cards and receiving them... seeing what long lost cousins look like these days, being thought of during the holidays- just a blast.

Cora-the christmas present helper.
And you better believe my not-cheap-canon camera has blue paint on it. And I like it even better now.

Shhh....we are also working on christmas presents over here. So. much. fun. I love christmas. And do you even know matt asks for christmas music to be played in the morning (unheard of)... I think Cora is helping along our giddy christmas spirit. I can't really tell you about the projects right now, but in January I'll show you the cute photos... in addition to the one above...where she also looks like a little boy. Hmm. Why do I like turquoise/blue so much?! Perhaps I should reconsider her color choices...but her big blue eyes look soooo good in it. Big ol' dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...