Monday, October 7, 2013

blueberry criossant puff.

I am showing you only a 1/4 of the dish, because... well...
the rest I devoured before I could take a picture.

Oh my. I have to share this wonderful recipe with you all. It was easy, relatively cheap....and soo tasty. I had a girlfriend over to chat at my house while Cora played and we had this for a breakfast treat with coffee. Amazing. Almost replaced the wonderfulness of a coffee shop's delicacies. Oh yea, it's not even remotely healthy, so beware. It tastes like a cheese Danish with blueberries, I think next time I'll try a mixture of other berries for fun.

Blueberry Croissant Puff
(adapted from here, which of course I found on pinterest)

Ingredients
  • 3 large croissants, cut up
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen, it was wonderful even though I was fearful)
  • 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup milk
  • lemon zest           
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place croissant pieces in a 8 inch square dish. Sprinkle with blueberries.
  3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition, then top off with lemon zest. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
  4. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
  5. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
  6. Variation: Instead of baking in a square pan bake individually. Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle with blueberries and pour cream cheese mixture evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...