so serious little oaks.
Oh, henry... you're one month old! Time has just flown by. We try to put these difficult newborn hours in perspective...that it is only a phase that you will soon grow out of it. And we were right. You are growing right out of it. Now, you're more like a baby. Our little baby.
What you were up to this first month:
- you have been great at breastfeeding from the first hour you were born... way to go hank!!
- you were quite a peaceful baby during the first two weeks, sleeping a lot. We thought there must have been something wrong with you... but you were just normal. eat-sleep. eat-sleep.
- from about 2 weeks on your "fussies" have ramped up. you sleep well for an infant, but then scream with gut pain/gas which makes us sad.
- now you have about 1-3 hour stretches of naps at all hours of the day/night. you take about an hour to change your diaper, feed, and walk/burp/jiggle the gas out of you until you stop wailing. so we are exhausted...and ready for you to turn brief naps into some solid sleeping hours.
- you enjoy bath time, hate diaper changes and love to be walked around in our arms.
- you have quite red hair, and still those gray eyes. I think they are turning blue, your dad thinks they will be green. and your feet crack me up, they are exactly your dad's feet...but tiny and so sweet.
- eesh! you are 12 pounds at 4 weeks (about a 4 lb weight gain)!! you are almost fitting into 3 month clothes, we think you may have some football in your future...yikes.
- your sister loves the heck out of you, just like the rest of us. she wants to hold your hand, when you cry she walks around searching for your pacifier to give to you, she kisses you and lovingly touches your head, she likes to feed you with a bottle and when you are in my arms she will hop onto the couch and point to her lap and say be-be! be-be! reee?! (henry)... until I hand you over. she is only 19 months old but already you are her little brother and she is definitely your big sister.
- you have fit quite nicely into our family, we love you dearly little son.
* Oh, and this lovely quilt is made by his grandma. Each month I will take photos on this quilt of him as he grows. We did the same thing with Cora (spud months). So much fun. Thanks grandma!