Tuesday, January 21, 2014

end of maternity leave

so true...except now I have added scrubs back into my wardrobe (ie. work pjs)

We all survived... I am back at work! Maternity leave is over. And probably my last maternity leave ever. I had an extremely successful weekend back at work. I was afraid I would have forgotten everything having had 3 months off. But I didn't. It was like riding a bike. I even remembered my passwords! Matt did wonderfully well with the kids, of course. Daytime daddy fun days while I slept, and waking up with Henry all by himself throughout the night while I was working. People at work asked me if I was sad to be back, or missed my kids. Honestly... I was just fine. I was happy to be back at work. An excuse to leave the house, have adult conversation, feel like I am contributing a little more to the community....not to mention a full paycheck will be nice. I also enjoy my job as a nurse, so that's a good feeling. I knew Matt had it under control- with some help from grandparents too. I am not really cut out to be a stay at home mom. That job is much harder than going to work. So now our lives feel a little more balanced and back to normal. It will be more chaotic and I will miss spending family time on the weekends, but we are back to reality now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments!! I love hearing what you have to say...